Smoked Gouda, shredded
Shredded Turkey breast between two grilled flour or corn tortillas filled with melted, smoked Gouda cheese and caramelized onions for a savory twist on a southwestern favorite.
|Tortillas and Cheese||$1.40|
|Plate Cost (25%)||$2.57|
All recipe costing is meant to you provide you with a picture of approximate costing for your operations. Costs will likely vary.
1. For the caramelized onions, heat olive oil in a heavy sauté pan over medium heat and add onions, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook over low heat until lightly browned and very tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Heat griddle and lightly spray with olive oil.
3. Place one tortilla on griddle and top with cheese, onions (reserving 1/8 cup for garnish) and Turkey.
4. Top with second tortilla and heat 2 minutes each side.
5. Slice with pizza cutter and plate on large warmed platter.
6. Garnish with remaining onions in center and fresh cracked pepper and serve.