Shredded roasted Turkey breast in a creamy sweet corn, chili, red potato and onion chowder with a hint of hot sauce. Garnished with a curried corn bread crouton.
|Plate Cost (21%)||$2.48|
All recipe costing is meant to you provide you with a picture of approximate costing for your operations. Costs will likely vary.
1. For Curried Corn Bread Croutons, pre-heat oven to 350° F. Mix curry powder and olive in a bowl and drizzle mixture over the corn bread cubes. Bake on a baking sheet for 10 minutes, stir mixture, then bake an extra 5 to 10 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
2. Heat olive oil in a small stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 10 minutes until tender and lightly browned.
3. Add minced garlic and cook 2 minutes.
4. Add potatoes, broth and water and a dash of salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a low boil. Cook until potatoes are tender (about 10 minutes).
5. Add Turkey and all remaining ingredients, reserving croutons as a garnish. Bring back to boil.
6. Turn off heat and let sit 15 minutes before serving.
7. Serve in heated square bowls. Place croutons in each bowl and sprinkle fresh cracked pepper over each.